Quaker Chapel, Aquinas Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:September 1963

Description:The Society of Friends (Quakers) occupied the former Congregational Chapel in Aquinas Street (previously Thomas Street) from the 1850s. This side of the chapel is the entrance to the Society of Friends burial ground. The chapel was abandoned in 1951 but the burial ground was retained. The chapel was demolished and the site is now part of a health centre although the burial ground survives behind a wall. Other houses in the photograph have been demolished.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD14809/001-05 (204/39837)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.