Foley China Works, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:November 1962

Description:The Foley China Works was on King Street close to the border between Fenton and Longton and dates from 1850. The first operators were Robinson & Co, before the works were taken over by Elijah Brain & Co in 1885. Brains acquired the Coalport name in 1958 and Coalport was made at Foley Works from 1963 to 1985. The works were closed in the early 2000s and demolished by 2010. The board to the right of the entrance arch lists vacancies at the works.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/212-22 (204/39735)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.