The Werrington Hotel, Bucknall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:October 1964

Description:Opened as the Werrington Hotel in 1939, later becoming the Pig and Whistle before being renamed The Werrington, this Ind Coope public house was demolished in the 1990s. To the left is Eaves Lane with Werrington Road to the right. The site of the hotel is now housing. Behind and to the left is Bucknall covered reservoir at the top of the hill.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/196-19 (204/39148)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.