St John Street Chapel, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:October 1963

Description:St John Street runs north - south between Broom Street and Upper Huntbach Street. The chapel is close to the southern end.

St John Street Chapel started life as a Welsh Presbyterian or Calvinist Methodist Chapel. The foundation stone was laid in 1873. It fell into disuse by the 1950s and was registered as an Assembly of God church in 1952. The neighbouring houses date from the same time. The steeple has been removed, the front modified and the building is in use as a nursery school.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/182-09 (204/38724)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.