Ye Olde Crown, 10 Westport Road, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1500 - 1831 (c.)

Description:Ye Olde Crown public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street. It is believed to have been constructed before 1812, with the landlord stating in 1982 that he holds the land deeds dating back to 1669. The building is bay fronted with moulded timber surround and central doorway with an internal porch. The door is panelled, above which a wrought iron pub sign is displayed.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/387)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.