Goodwin's Engineering works and Foundry, Ivy House Road, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:September 1963

Description:This photograph was taken from the corner of Leek Road looking north up Ivy House Road. The Goodwin Foundry is the large works on the right. The company has been on this site since being founded in 1883, initially as iron founders and latterly specialising in high quality steel and alloy castings.

In the foreground is George Heath's, a company producing garages and sheds. Heath's bungalow has been demolished and this has become the Goodwin Group Offices. Further up Ivy House Road is the Caldon Canal. The brick building on the left edge is an electricity sub station.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/174-18 (204/38578)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.