Ridgway Potteries, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:March 1966

Description:Ridgway Potteries with its array of bottle ovens, was on Spring Bank Road, next door to Longton Municipal Cemetery. The works was originally the Daisy Bank Works opened in 1853 and operated by Adderleys, becoming the Gainsborough Works in 1952. At the time of the photograph this was the sub standard china department of Ridgway Potteries.

The photograph was taken looking along Spring Garden Road. the works has been demolished and the land used to open a garden of remembrance and extend the cemetery.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/237-19 (204/38368)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.