Berry Hill Mines Rescue Station, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:May 1963

Description:This was originally the pithead baths building of Berry Hill Colliery. The colliery closed in 1959 and the old baths were converted into the North Staffs Rescue Station, opening in 1962. The station had a short life, closing in 1964 although the first rescue station in North Staffordshire had been set up in 1911, also at Berry Hill Colliery, in two converted cottages.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/197-15 (204/38316)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.