Old entrance to Trentham Gardens, Stone Road, Trentham

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:August 1964

Description:The original entrance to the leisure gardens at Trentham was between the two large "lodges" just to the right of the three PMT (Potteries Motor Traction) buses. The lodges were originally at the western entrance to Trentham Hall and were large enough to have a single room inside. They were moved here in 1938.

This side of the entrance is "Café Monica", a sweet and tea shop which catered for visitors to the gardens. The building was enlarged in the 1970s and 1980s and renamed The Poacher's Cottage. Nearer to the camera is Cranberry Cottage. Just driving past is a four door Morris or Austin 1100 saloon of the 1960s.

The present entrance to Trentham Gardens is off the left hand edge of the photograph.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/159-02 (204/38221)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.