Bull's Head, 14 St. John's Square, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1500 - 1831 (c.)

Description:The Bull's Head public house is believed to have been constructed before 1832. It stands in St. John's Square in Burslem town centre. It is a rectangular structure, one room wide by two rooms deep and has a cellar. The front has a raised parapet with stack pattern brickwork. The ground floor has a double-doored entrance with rectangular light and decorated stone lintel with entablature. The first floor has four Georgian style sash windows, brick voussoir arch and stone sills. The yard to the rear of the building has parking space and a garage structure.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/3758)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.