Waterloo Road Station, Cobridge

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:October 1963

Description:The entrance to Waterloo Road Station on the Potteries Loop Line. The station entrance and booking office were built along Waterloo Road above the track which was in a deep cutting below. This cutting ran between Waterloo Road and Cobridge, the next station along. It stood just south of Winifred Street (then called Alfred Street) on Waterloo Road.
Waterloo Road Station was opened on April 1st 1900 and closed to passengers in 1943. It was the last station to be opened and the first to be closed on the Loop Line.

At the time of the photograph, the station buildings were in use as offices of an electrical engineering company. No trace of the buildings remain today.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/127-22 (204/35791)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.