Royal Overhouse Pottery offices, Wedgwood Place, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:December 1963

Description:Barratts of Staffordshire occupied the Overhouse Works from 1943. In 1992 the company joined with Royal Stafford China to become Royal Stafford. This building became the factory shop.

The Overhouse Works (also known as the Royal Overhouse Manufactory), one of the oldest potworks in Burslem, belonged to the Wedgwood Family for over 200 years. This building dates from the mid-20th century.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/114-23 (204/35579)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.