Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1924 (c.)

Description:This building was constructed between 1900 and 1924 by W. Grant & Sons Builders. It is a rectangular, two storey building, six rooms rooms wide by two rooms deep. The front shows six large window casements with a continuous decorated stone surround and a moulded stone decorated arch and stone sill. There is an ornate stone plaque reading 'The land upon which this building was erected was given by T. Hulme Esq Mayor' and another plaque dated 9th February 1906 and opened 10/10/1907.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/350)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.