Lascelles Street, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:January 1964

Description:This is the view looking east along Lascelles Street (formerly known as Victoria Terrace) towards High Street in Tunstall.
The building on the right was a Methodist New Connexion Chapel built in 1857. Able to seat nearly 350 people, the brick built chapel had a stone front with classical columns. The chapel closed in 1953, the ground floor became a shop but the whole building has since been demolished. Just beyond the chapel was the British Legion Club, again now demolished.

Further down on the left, behind the telegraph pole, is the pitched roof of St Mary's Infants School. Stiil standing , but with a different use. At the bottom, Hopkins (builder's merchants and ironmongers) occupied an old pottery on High Street. The building still stands although the top floor has been removed.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/078-13 (204/34859)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.