Keele Street, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:February 1964

Description:Looking east along Keele Street from just off High Street, Tunstall. The white building beyond William Boulton, Industrial Plasterers and Fibreglass is the old Keele Street Pottery with an oven and a chimney behind. Keele Street pottery manufactured earthenware from 1915 before being absorbed into Staffordshire Potteries Ltd in 1958. The pottery concentrated on plain and utility ware but also produced cottage ware (earthenware cast as rural buildings).

The buildings in the photograph have been demolished and the site cleared. At the bottom of the street is Dunning Street. The terraced houses have been demolished and the space planted with grass and trees.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/077-14 (204/34841)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.