P.E. Centre, Newcastle Street, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:This building stands on Newcastle Street which was formerly known as Castle Street. It has two storeys plus a hall, cellar and armoury. There is a single storey structure attached to the rear of the building and also two side extensions. It has two towers with crenillated parapets, one either side of the entrance. There is a decorative keystone inscribed '1902' and a spandrel panel inscribed 'Ich Dien'. The front facia has the inscription 'Stone laid by Colonel W.W. Dobson. V.D. 16th October 1902, commemoration coronation King Edward VII.' The building stands in grounds enclosed by a brick wall and railings, also with a tennis court and car park.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/337)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.