Entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:May 1964

Description:The entrance to Newchapel & Goldenhill Station from Colclough Lane with the station nameboard visible just visible. The camera is looking north east and the houses beyond the station are on Birchenwood Road (formerly Station Road). On the Potteries Loop Line, the station was opened in 1874 and closed to passengers in 1964. Originally known just as Goldenhill, it became Newchapel & Goldenhill in 1912.

The houses at the entrance to the station date from around the opening of the station.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/066-06 (204/33656)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.