Alfred Meakins pottery factory, Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:April 1964

Description:Alfred Meakins opened their factory off Hollywall Lane in 1957. The site was originally part of the Williamson estate which was sold off in the 1950s of which Meakins purchased 150 acres. Robert Williamson owned the Goldenhill colliery and ironworks. In 1991 Meakins became part of the Churchill Group who still have a factory on Hollywall Lane.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/065-04 (204/33619)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.