The Talbot public house, Bradeley, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The Talbot is a public house on the corner of Unwin Street and Moorland View in Bradeley. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph is the Co-Op grocery store, opened in 1921, now occupied by Harrisons wholesale greengrocers.

Unwin Street was a street of terraced houses built in the middle of the 19th century and largely occupied by coal miners and ironworkers. Unwin Street and the houses on Moorland View have been demolished and replaced with Bradeley Village, a large sheltered housing scheme.

Related themes:

Shops Public Houses Housing
View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/057-13 (204/33513)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.