Alistair Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:August 1964

Description:A view west along Alistair Road from its junction with Kensington Road. The area was open land in 1900. By 1924 the terraced houses on the right had been built and the other side was filled in by 1937 with semi-detached and short rows of terraced housing. Originally the road was Alexandra Road and changed to Alistair Road in the 1950s. The pattern has remained the same with minor changes to the road junction. The iron street lamps have been replaced.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/001-01 (204/32847)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.