The Limes Maternity Hospital, Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The Limes was used as a maternity block for the main North Staffs Royal Infirmary. The building was originally Longfields, Minton's home, and became the North Staffordshire Cripples' Aid Society Hospital in 1918. Much of the money for the hospital. was raised by Sidney Malkin, onetime mayor of Burslem. It became a maternity hospital in 1928 at a cost of £14,000. The building has been demolished and replaced by housing.

To the extreme right is a notice board for the Mass Radiography Unit based in the neighbouring house, "Ashlands".

Related themes:

Hospitals & Health
View Location

Share:


Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/140-12 (204/32678)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.