Hot Lane, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1832 - 1878 (c.)

Description:5 Hot Lane, Burslem. Originally this two storey building was built as a public house called The Dog and Partridge. Today its function is that of a scout hut. The ground floor has two large beaded windows with plain stone sills and moulded brick frames. The main entrance has a rectangular light set in a modern rendered panel.
On the ground floor is a plaque dedicated to the First World War heros.
On the first floor wall is a sign that reads 'Hanger' and an inset mosaic of a dog and partridge with the words 'Dog & Partridge' is also present.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/326)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.