Bowler Hat, 52-54 Moorland Road, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1832 - 1878 (c.)

Description:The Bowler Hat public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It has a rectangular plan, one room wide by two rooms deep. It has a plain tiled roof with no chimney. This photograph shows the front of the building. The front is north facing and has a modern facade having been rendered. The west side of the building overlooks the side road. The rear of the building is completely obscured by a modern two storey extenson. Also to the rear is a yard and a cobbled alley. Moorland Road was formerly known as Knowle Street in around 1823, and previous to that, on a map of Burslem from 1812, it was named Hamel Lane.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(3/318)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.