Reservoir Field, Normacot

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:The Iron Chapel can be seen on Meir Road, but this photograph pre-dates Christ Church which was built the following year.

The Methodist iron chapel can be seen, far right. This chapel was built in 1880. It was known locally as the 'tin chapel'. It later formed part of the Sunday school until 1960, when it was destroyed when a lorry crashed into it. The land was then used as a car park.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(171/22063)

Source: Lovatt Collection, Stoke on Trent City Archives

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.