Jubilee Works & Longton Cottage Hospital, Normacot

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:23rd of October 1960

Description:The original Longton Cottage Hospital was built in 1868 on Mount Pleasant (now Lawley Street). In 1879 it moved to a new building on the north side of the same street. It was replaced by a new Cottage Hospital in Upper Belgrave Road in 1889-90. The old hospital was later used by Mount Pleasant Mission Chapel and social hall until about 1939, and demolished in 1961.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(171/22059)

Source: Lovatt Collection, Stoke on Trent City Archives

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.