St. Gregory's School, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1906 - 1914 (c.)

Description:The winners of the Swimming Shield. With the boys are the Headmaster, Mr. Cummings, and the teacher, Oswald Garrett.

St. Gregory's Roman Catholic School was opened in 1852 on Cemetery Road (later Spring Garden Road). new building were erected in 1893, and all senior boys and girls were transferred to the new St. Gregory's R.C. Secondary School when it was built in 1953.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(171/21997)

Source: Lovatt Collection, Stoke on Trent City Archives

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.