Limestone Caves, Cauldon Low. Photographed by William Blake.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1906 - 1907 (c.)

Description:A view of the limestone caves at Cauldon Low quarries. The cave was opened up in 1905 and destroyed as quarrying continued in 1907. The cave penetrated 140 feet into the hill, had a maximum width of 30 feet and a maximum height of 100 feet. Remains of fox, bear, woolly rhinoceros, bison and deer were found on the cave floor.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr William Blake - Creator

Donor ref:(40/12592)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.