Porch at Whitmore Hall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1925 (c.)

Description:The porch to Whitmore Hall, which despite the datestone of 1676, was built in 1847.

Whitmore Hall is a timber-framed house encased in brick in 1676. It is the home of the Cavenagh-Mainwaring family and the estate has been owned by the Mainwarings and their ancestors for over 900 years. The house was leased out between 1863 and the 1920s. One tenant was the pottery manufacturer Thomas Twyford who lived there for 30 years.

Photographer: William Blake of Longton.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr William Blake - Creator

Donor ref:(40/11650)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.