Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 6 of 112 2000 Records Found

Applying Handles to Cups.

Pottery factory interior showing a woman fixing handles to cups. She is sticking the handles to the cups using liquid clay or slip. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This ...

Applying Transfers.

Pottery factory interior showing a woman operating an automatic brushing machine. The machine brushes a transfer image onto porous biscuit ware in this case. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum ...

Applying Transfers.

Pottery factory interior with a view of a woman applying transfer prints to tea pots. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is part of the collections ...

Aquinas Street, Stoke upon Trent

View from near the top of Aquinas Street down towards Epworth Street and the centre of Stoke. Aquinas Street was originally called Thomas Street. Behind the wall beyond the houses on the left was the ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Students at Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary School on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school later became a Junior High School before closing (after amalgamation with Blessed William Southerne). ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary (later Junior High) School was on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school amalgamated with blessed William Southerne to become St Margaret Ward. The buildings ...

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Argyll Road, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Argyll Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Arnold Bennett's grave in Burslem Cemetery

Burslem Cemetery was consecrated in 1879. It lies between Hanley Road, Leek New Road and the grassed over spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery. The cemetery chapel was demolished in 2008. Arnold Bennett died ...

Arnold Bennett's House and Museum, Cobridge, Stoke-upon-Trent

The house at 205 Waterloo Road, Cobridge that was once the home of Potteries writer Arnold Bennett and later, for a short time, the Arnold Bennett Museum. Arnold Bennett's father, Enoch, who was a solicitor, ...

Art Class, Sutherland Institute, Longton

Life drawing in Mr. Morse's art class. The Sutherland Institute was opened in 1899 on land given by Cromartie Sutherland-Levison-Gower, the 4th Duke of Sutherland. Today it houses Longton Library.

Arthur Wood & Price's Royal Bradwell Pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken at the start of Davenport Street (A5271) just after the Trubshawe Cross roundabout. The Royal Bradwell Ware building belonged to Arthur Wood & Sons, earthenware manufacturers ...

Arthur Wood's canalside factory, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view south along the canal. Westport Lake is off to the right, on the left is the rear of Wood's pottery. the buildings have all been cleared and the are now used for light industry and food ...

Artistic Drawing, Unknown Origin. Photographed by William Blake.

Sketch of a building. Unknown artist and location.

Artistic Drawing, Unknown Origin. Photographed by William Blake.

Sketch of a building. Unknown artist and location.

Ascot Pottery on Clough Street, Hanley

The Ascot Pottery was operated by Alcock, Lindley & Bloore, along with the neighbouring Vulcan Pottery on Clough Street. The factory opened in 1919 and the company became famous for "Brown Betty" teapots ...

Ashdale Pottery.

Pottery factory exterior including bottle ovens. Taken at Ashdale Pottery, Short Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. This view includes the North Staffs Electric Company. Taken from the Gladstone ...

Ashendene Grove, Hanford

Looking north west along Ashendene Grove from its junction with Bankhouse Road. The valley of the River Trent and the route of the A500 lie hidden between Ashendene Grove and the higher ground of Northwood ...