Rataud's Ceramic Transfers in Meigh Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:This is the Alliance Works on Meigh Street, built in 1914 and occupied by Rataud's, a ceramic Transfer producing company. The narrow frontage lead to a large works between Meigh Street and Majolica Street off to the right. All of this land now lies beneath the A50 Potteries Way. Burton Place goes off to the left just beyond the van.

This works dates from around 1905. Rataud's had links with Harrison's Phoenix Chemical works, which adjoined the Alliance Works at the back.

Related themes:

Printing Manufacturing Ceramics
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/178-06 (204/38678)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.