St Mary's school and chapel, Plex Street, Tunstall.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:January 1964

Description:This photograph was taken looking westwards along Plex Street from the corner of Roundwell Street (formerly Well Street) in Tunstall. The building on the right was originally St Mary's school-chapel, opened in 1853. By the 1930s it had become part of F Buckley & Son's Staffs Tea Set Company decorating earthenware. Production had ceased by the 1960s and the works has been demolished and replaced with housing.
the houses on the right date from the mid 1800s and like the chapel have been replaced.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/082-16 (204/39202)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.