Longton Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:The Phoenix Pottery Works seen from the platform of Longton Station, looking west towards Fenton. Phoenix Pottery was operated by Thomas Forester, specialising in majolica, from the 1880s.

The chimney and ovens next to the line were part of the Albion Works. Beyond is the rear of the Boundary Works.
Opened in April 1848 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway the station is on the Stoke to Derby line. Historically, the next station towards Stoke was Fenton and towards Derby, Normacot. The platform buildings and roofs have been demolished.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/238-04 (204/38915)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.