Adderley Green to Bucknall railway line, near Brokhouse Green.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1964

Description:Looking northwards along the mineral railway. In the distance are the crossing gates for Fenton Road. The photograph was taken from the bridge over the Causley Brook. On the skyline is Hanley with to the left the tower of Shelton Church (St Mark's) and the gasholder at Etruria gas works.

This mineral railway, opened 1875, ran from Millfield junction near Normacot to Botteslow Junction on the Biddulph Valley branch. A single track branch carried passengers between the 1900s and 1920s. Now dismantled, the trackway forms a footpath.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/190-14 (204/38857)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.