The Sentinel offices, Trinity Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:These offices on the corner of Foundry Street and Trinity Street were occupied from 1874. At that time, the newspaper was expanding producing daily and weekly Sentinels, with three editions of the daily paper. The building had a loft for carrier pigeons top bring stories into the offices and the paper remained here for over 100 years. These buildings are the 1937 Art Deco style redevelopment of the original offices. In the late 1930s, the printing presses also moved into Foundry Street (to the left). These offices were abandoned in 1986 with the move to Etruria. The building is in use as a club.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/184-22 (204/38821)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.