Blyth Pottery, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:May 1963

Description:This is the rear of Blyth Pottery on Sandgate Street (previously Gate Street) in Longton. The front of the works, operated by John Tams & Sons Ltd., was on Uttoxeter Road. These works produced earthenware. Previously, Blyth works had been the property of Dresden Porcelain Company from 1896 to 1904 and then the Blyth Porcelain Company until 1935 and then A T Finney.

The square building in the foreground is an electricity substation on Sandgate Street which still stands and in front of that one of the old gas street lamps with the mantles clearly visible. The works have been demolished and the site and frontage onto Uttoxeter Road cleared.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/237-10 (204/38655)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.