Salisbury Crown China Works, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:Salisbury Crown China works was on corner of Edensor Road & Stafford Street (The Strand) in Longton. The works were operated by Thomas Wild & Co until 1927 when it became part of Salisbury Crown China Ltd. who produced fine bone china until the works were closed in 1961. The site is part of the commercial redevelopment of Longton and the A50.
The Shell garage in the foreground has a pair of early 1960s "clock face" Gibarco petrol pumps with the Shell Oil Company globe on top

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/224-11 (204/38461)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.