PMT Garage in Clough Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:The Potteries Motor Traction Company ran buses in the Potteries from 1933, taking over from its predecessor the Potteries Electric Traction Co who had started the earliest trams in the area. The Hanley depot for PMT was on Clough Street, opened in 1954 to replace a smaller garage in Vale Place on Waterloo Road. Although the main building has been changed, the front entrance way (minus the clock tower) still stands. It is the site of an engineering company.

At one time the depot held over 120 buses. Just leaving the depot, a number 10 to Hanley, is a Daimler Fleetline bus in the PMT colours of red and cream.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/171-10 (204/38445)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.