Providence Methodist Church, Far Green, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:The Providence Chapel stood on Providence Square at the junction of Town Road and Hulton Street in the Far Green area of Hanley. In the photograph, Birches Head Road climbs away on the left hand side.

A chapel was originally built here in 1839, but the building in the photograph shows some 1920s renovations. The stone portico dates from the first building. Just behind the chapel to the right is the Sunday School building. Demolished, the land became the site for a home entertainment shop.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/172-12 (204/38440)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.