Bucknall and Northwood Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:Bucknall and Northwood Station looking south along the line towards the next station at Fenton Manor. In the distance is Berry Hill spoil tip. The station was at the bottom of Limekiln Bank and the photograph was taken from close to the Bucknall Road bridge.

Opened in 1864 by the North Staffordshire Railway, the station was on the Biddulph Valley and Leek branch. Train services to Biddulph and Congleton ended in 1927 and regular passenger services to Leek ceased in 1956 although excursion and holiday trains ran until the station was closed completely in 1962. The line to Leek remained in use to transport limestone until 1988.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/195-19 (204/38374)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.