Burton Place, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:The building on the right was occupied in the 1960s by Foulkes, building and decorating materials suppliers but had previously been a pottery. From the early 1920s until 1937, this was part of the Corona Pottery Works of S Hancock & Sons, earthenware manufacturers. The Corona Works had been known previously as the Gordon Pottery in the Old Burton Place Works. The arched entrance led into a central courtyard. Later demolished, the works became a Marks & Spencer department store. The road off to the right is Meigh Street.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/168-13 (204/38341)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.