St Michael's Anglican Mission Church, Bucknall Old Road, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:The brick built St Michael and All Saints Mission Church was opened around 1912. It was a mission church of St Luke's in the Wellington area of Hanley. It stood on Bucknall Old Road just before the junction with Bucknall New Road in the Northwood area of Hanley. Closed in 1946, the building became a City training centre and gym in the 1950s. It was empty for a period before being refurbished and re-opened by the Holy Catholic Church-Western Rite in 2010. The church is part of the Continuing Anglican movement originating in the USA.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/168-05 (204/38314)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.