Hanley Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:May 1963

Description:The main entrance and booking hall of Hanley Station on the Potteries Loop Line. This photograph was taken from just outside the Grand Hotel in Trinity Street. The line is in a deep cutting below the level of the entrance.

Up until the early 1900 Hanley was served by over 40 trains a day along the Loop Line to and from Stoke, Burslem, Tunstall and Kidsgrove. Just before closure in 1964, there were just five.
On the left is the Zambezi coffee bar, used not only by railway travellers but popular also as a meeting place for Hanley jazz fans. The station is now the site of the hotel car park.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/183-01 (204/38312)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.