Hanley Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:May 1963

Description:Hanley station was on a sharp curve in a deep cutting just below Trinity Street, opposite the Grand Hotel. This is the view looking westwards along the line to Etruria.

This was the second station built in Hanley, opened in 1873, as part of the Potteries Loop Line. The main entrance and booking hall is the building with the four chimney pots, at the end of the footbridge over the lines. In the middle distance is the tall chimney belonging to Ashworth's Pottery on Broad Street.

Hanley Station was closed in 1964. There is no trace of the station today. The cutting has been filled in and the site is now the hotel car park.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Donor ref:SD1480/183-02 (204/38311)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.