The site of Trentham Park railway station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:Trentham Park railway station was at the end on the short (1 1/2 mile) branch line which ran from Trentham Station on the main line. Opened in 1910 the station had regular trains until the 1930s but was closed in 1957. Originally there was a plan to continue the line towards Newcastle-under-Lyme and a bridge was built over Stone Road. this "bridge to nowhere" was demolished in 1940.

The station was on the east side of Stone Road (A34) almost opposite the Whitmore Road junction. When the station opened it was served by up to five trains a day from Stoke. The station had one platform and the site now lies beneath modern housing development.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/163-02 (204/38260)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.