The West Court and Conservatory, Trentham Hall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:The building on the left is the conservatory. Originally with Italianate windows, the conservatory was used to cultivate and display exotic plants and ferns. To the right is the West Court, a semi circular building which backed onto the Porte Cochere, the main west entrance to the hall. On the extreme right would have been another entrance hall and stairway. The lawned area in the foreground was once a library and a billiard room.

Much of this part of the hall was redesigned by Charles Barry in 1834.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/161-13 (204/38251)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.