Hartshill railway station, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:A photograph taken from a wagon in the siding at Hartshill and Basford Halt. The camera is looking west towards the mouth of the tunnel taking the line to Newcastle. The station, opened in 1905, was on the Stoke to Market Drayton branch, but lasted only 21 years, closing in 1926. The houses in the background are in The Crescent, Victoria Street is further up the hill. The very deep cutting beyond the tunnel mouth is now a children's playground. Shelton New Road is on the right beyond the signal box and signalman's house.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/143-15 (204/36240)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.