The old St Matthew's Church, Spring Street,Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:This which stood mat the is the old corrugated iron mission church of St Matthew which stood on the corner of Spring Street and Kingscroft in Hartshill. It was built in then 1870s and enlarged in 1887. Spring Street and the church disappeared with the building of the Shelton New Road roundabout. A completely new mission church was built in 1922 on the corner of Kingscroft and Stoke Old Road. The building still stands, but no longer a church.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/143-14 (204/36239)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.