Dominic Street, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:Dominic Street runs east off Richmond Street in Hartshill. Until the 1950s it was known as Gordon Street. The houses at the top ends of the street date from the early 1900s, those at the bottom around the bend, are a few years earlier. The view from this point is little changed with the exception of the levelling of the colliery spoil tip at Berry Hill. The car facing uphill on the right with the imposing headlights appears to be a 1938 Wolseley, whilst opposite is an Austin A 30 saloon built in the 1950s.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/139-11 (204/36147)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.