Stoke on Trent College, College Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:The College of Building, part of Stoke on Trent College, on College Road. This later became a more general teaching building, home to languages, humanities and basic skills. Originally the land was the site of Ridgway's Cauldon Place pottery works, built on the side of Caldon Canal which runs behind the site. The pottery operated under different names ('Cauldon Ltd' and 'Cauldon Potteries Ltd'.) until 1936. In 1946 further education took over the site when the newly created Building Department of the technical college was created here. This became part of Stoke-on-Trent College.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/129-22 (204/35807)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.