Bucknall and Northwood Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:Opened in 1864, Bucknall & Northwood Station was on the North Staffordshire Railway's Biddulph Valley branch line. Trains also ran between Stoke and Leek, with a line branching off at Milton Junction. Passenger train services to Biddulph ended in 1927, but the Leek branch continued until 1956 and freight until 1988. Bucknall Station remained open for special and excursion trains until 1962. Bucknall and Northwood Station was popular with day visitors to the nearby Finney Gardens.

Behind the house in the centre of the photograph are the legs and gantry of a travelling crane linked to the saw mill that was behind the station.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/195-18 (204/35675)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.